We consider your orientation a year-long process that begins before you arrive to campus. As you prepare to join the Tulane community, we have planned a series of small, intentional steps to ensure a smooth transition to campus. Your summer modules will introduce you to the offices and people you will grow to rely on, teach you about the campus and city you will soon (or already!) call home, and prepare you to be an engaged member of our campus community. Consider these your first homework assignments as a Tulane student.
On the first of each month leading up to your arrival, a new module will open on your Canvas dashboard. You will then have the entire month to progress through the module at your own pace. By completing these modules, you will feel more prepared, confident, and connected as you begin your academic journey at Tulane!
You will receive a virtual badge upon completion of each module. Each student who collects all four badges will be entered into a drawing for a giveaway. The winner will be announced on our Instagram, @firstyear.tulane, during Hullabaloo Hello.
The Navigator is the official e-newsletter for first-year students at Tulane. The Navigator is designed to support your transition to Tulane by connecting you with campus resources, informing you of upcoming events and opportunities, and offering recommendations for the ultimate first-year experience! Explore our Navigator archive below:
- May 8, 2023: Welcome to Tulane!
- May 15, 2023: Intro to Academics at Tulane
- June 1, 2023: Getting Involved at Tulane
- June 15, 2023: Intro to Belonging at Tulane
- July 3, 2023: Health, Wellness, & Safety at Tulane
- July 17, 2023: Intro to Community at Tulane
- August 1, 2023: Make Way for Hullabaloo Hello
- August 21, 2023: Happy First Day of Classes!
- September 5, 2023: Tips for a Successful First Semester
- September 18, 2023: Make the Most of Midterms
- October 9, 2023: Midterm Magic: Tips for Academic Success!
- October 23, 2023: Spring Into Success: Your Registration Roadmap Awaits!
- November 6, 2023: Spring Registration is Here!