Make way for a helluva Hullabaloo Hello! A new tradition to campus, Hullabaloo Hello is a celebratory welcome to Tulane University beginning when you arrive to campus, continuing throughout the first two weeks of classes, and concluding with First Fest!
You will be prompted to rank academic themes over the summer in an online New Student Module. Once you arrive on campus, you will begin to build a community with fellow first-year students who share similar interests. You will experience Hullabaloo Hello with this community, also known as your Wave Group. You will also get to meet some of the faculty, staff, and peer leaders who work to make your transition to Tulane an easy one.
View the Hullabaloo Hello schedule below! All students will receive a personalized version of the schedule in August with assigned rotations and locations.
To help you stay on track with upcoming deadlines, we have created a New Student Checklist of important tasks to complete prior to your arrival. We highly encourage you to download the checklist and review it at the beginning of each month for a reminder of approaching deadlines.
Important Fall Dates
- August 13-September 1, 2023: Hullabaloo Hello
- August 13-15, 2023: Move-In. First-year students will be assigned a specific arrival time slot in May for one of three Move-In days, either August 13, 14 or 15, 2023. Students and their families should not make non-refundable travel arrangements until their Move-In time slot is confirmed. There will be programming beginning the afternoon of your Move-In Day and lasting through August 16.
- August 17-20, 2023: Orientation Programming
- August 21, 2023: First Day of Classes
- September 1, 2023: First Fest
- May 8, 2023: Welcome to Tulane!
- May 15, 2023: Intro to Academics at Tulane
- June 1, 2023: Belonging at Tulane